*You know it's bad when you wake up with a "lack of sleep" headache. It has been a very long, tiring, exciting, party filled, fun, and exhausting week. We did so much. We ate so much. I am glad its over.
*I am going to spend all next week catching up on my blogging. October in our house is filled with fun things and lots of traditions- almost as much as December, it sometimes seems. I like to tell myself things will slow down. I know its not entirely true, but a girl can dream. At least all the sports have stopped until January, so that does open up a few nights, but they are quickly filling up I am finding. Oh well, such is the life with 7 children.
*I cleaned out some of my kids drawers this week. That cycle of rotating clothes for kids never seems to end. Get out the summer. Put away the shorts. Pull out the winter. Do they each have enough hoodies? How about coats? What doesn't fit? What can I send down to the next child? Does it have holes? DI or try to sell to Kid to Kid? Do they own any socks without holes? Who needs underwear? Is this even still in style? Who cares, are they still going to wear it? As I was sifting through Alyssa's pajama drawer I noticed one of her favorite nighties. I looked at the size. It was a 4T. Hello, she is 8 years old! I took it and placed it one drawer down in Ashlyn's pajama drawer, where, apparently, it still will have about 5 good years left.
*The other day I was dropping Ethan off at kindergarten. I pulled up to the school and he got out of the car. He turned and said, "Bye mom, bye ash." Ashlyn then piped up and said, "Bye Eto, I love you." He replied with a very sincere, "I love you too Ash!" Be still my heart. My heart was happy all day long.
*I took my boys to get haircuts this week. They all needed it. Why don't I know how to cut boys hair? It would sure save me a bundle. Anyways, Tyler noticed a sign at Fantastic Sams that has had us chuckling all week long. It said "WALK IN, STRUT OUT!" It has been funny to watch my boys mimic 'strutting' around with their new haircuts. They make me laugh.
*I attended traffic school this week. I have never been before. I hope to never go again. Really all it was was asking the police officer questions. I had a few, but never was able to ask them. Instead people went off on a 'right to bear arms' tangent. One man's question was, "So, I own a rifle and I drive a motorcycle. Will I get in trouble if I strap my rifle to my back and ride around the streets on my motorcycle with my rifle on my back?" What? What in the world does that have to do with anything?! (By the way the answer is NO, if he has a gun permit and if that there rifle on his back is not loaded) I'm pretty sure I was the only one in the room who did not have a concealed weapon permit. It was a complete waste of an hour, but my ticket is now wiped off my record, so I guess it was worth it. I guess.
*I love having a kindergartner. Everything is so new and exciting to him. For example, library day is big news and a very anticipated day each week. The first assembly he went to was huge. He came home bursting with the information about how he was never going to be a bully. This past week was red ribbon week. He could hardly contain himself. Backwards day, hat day, tie day, and crazy sock day was practically more than he could handle. My other kids were like, whatever, I'll just wear this old hat, but not Ethan! He was truly excited and could hardly wait for school each day to wear exactly what he was supposed to to show he was never going to take drugs. And to cap it off, his first ever Halloween parade was precious. He was beaming. If only they could hold on to that enthusiasm forever!
*Speaking of that cute little kindergartner. One day this week I was straightening out his bed. I pulled off his pillow to pull up his comforter a little when I noticed two small treasure chests under his pillow. I recognized them immediately. They were those little chests they give kids when they get their teeth pulled. I would know, my kids have had about 1000 teeth pulled between them all. All of them except for Ethan and Ashlyn. So these chests belonged to Brandon, who had these particular teeth pulled months ago. I guess he was saving the teeth. Well, Ethan saw them and devised a plan to outsmart the tooth fairy. He decided he was going to try to trick her with these impostor teeth and get himself a few dollars. His plan was foiled when mom found the chests. I asked, "Ethan, what are these doing here?" With a very guilty and sheepish look he said, "I don't know" I decided to let this little white lie go, because well, he's cute and pretty smart, I mean he really doesn't have any other way to earn money. What's a boy to do? Try to trick the tooth fairy, that's what! What he doesn't realize is that the tooth fairy is one smart woman!
*I have a huge zit in the middle of my forehead. Nice! I have been telling people I am being a teenager for Halloween. It makes them smile and it makes me feel better, just a little!
Happy Halloween!
October 31, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I love, love reading your blog! It makes me want to be a good mom and to have such a perfect family! And you make me laugh.:)
...And get all teared up. We miss you guys!
Post a Comment