October 3, 2010

Thoughts on a Sunday

*This is one of my favorite weekends of the year. I love General Conference. I decided this weekend that I really think we should start having Conference 4 times a year. I think I will write to the Prophet and tell him that. I love the counsel that is given. I love being at home with my family. And I love the spirit that I feel and the desire I have to be better. Yep, I could use that at least 4 times a year.

*We are now at the time of year where soccer and football seasons overlap for about 2-3 weeks. It is madness because that means we have about 10 games a week. It is crazy and busy and exhausting and my boys are loving every minute of it. Me, not so much.

*Speaking of soccer, Ethan came home from one of his practices and told me that his coach told the team they would be moving up a level next season because they were so good. His exact words, "the people who made soccer said we are moving up to play 8 year olds." Wow, I didn't know the people who made soccer had time to watch some little 6 year olds running around, but I guess they do because the rumor was actually true. Gotta love those Lemonheads!

*Three of my boys need new church shoes. Every Sunday they squeeze their rapidly growing feet into their old church shoes and complain all the way to church. I promise every Sunday that I will buy them new church shoes THIS week and then I forget, because I am not thinking about church shoes during the week. It's a vicious cycle-you get the picture. Needless to say, they still don't have new church shoes. I am going to try really hard to remember this week.

*I have been nesting like crazy lately. I am cleaning out closets and garages and drawers like a mad woman. You would think I am having a baby or something. I am definitely not, but am acting like I am. There's not much I love more than a clean, organized clutter free house. Mine is getting there. I love getting rid of things, de-junking and simplifying my life. It feels good.

*Ethan and Ashlyn have been playing so good together lately. Every morning after the kids go to school they trot on up to the playroom and just play. They play a lot of barbies (Eto is always an animal, never a barbie), school, cars whatever. I love to just listen to them pretend and be friends. It warms my heart and allows me to get ready each morning in peace. It is wonderful.

*One of Alyssa's favorite things to do is play church. Today she played "conference." The only difference between church and conference is that she added a pearl necklace to her dress up dress like the General Primary President wore in her talk. She then gave a pretend talk about a person who died. I asked her what her gospel point in the talk was. She said there wasn't one, the person just died! Oh well, I guess she isn't totally ready for the big pulpit just yet.

*I have started Christmas shopping. I actually started over a month ago. It makes me happy. I am ready for the holidays to start. My little pile of presents in my closet is starting to grow. Yea!

*On a very sad note I lost Nanny McPhee. Nanny McPhee, the very appropriate nickname for my mouthguard, is gone. I have searched high and low for her. I tore my bed and bedroom apart looking for her. She is really gone. It's too bad too, because she cost over $300! Ouch!

And those are just a few of my million thoughts this week!

No comments: