October 30, 2010
School Parties-Gotta Love Em!
You gotta love being a room mom. Especially in Kindergarten. They are so excited about everything. I tried really hard not to be a room mom this year, but here I am, the room mom for Ethan's class. I really love getting to watch my kids in their classes and I always love a good party so here is a recap of Ethan's first school holiday party. We turned on some fun Halloween music and let the games begin.
We had one station that focused on spiders. They played pass the spider, which happened to be frozen in an ice cube. They had to pass it until it melted and then they got to keep the spider.
In the spider station they also made cute little film canister spiders. Finding film canisters is not very easy now a days. I had to go to like 6 stores to get enough. But they turned out cute and were easy enough for these little 5 year olds to make.
The next station was a pumpkin station. They started out dipping their little thumbs in orange paint and then making a bunch of thumbprints on a brown piece of paper. We then wrote "Ethan's Pumpkin Patch" on the top and drew in some stems and vines. They then played "Don't Eat Jack." Always a favorite!
The third station was a witch station. They each got a pre-made green paper airplane (thank you Trevor!) that was their witch. They then tried to fly their witch through the moon. They loved this. I think they could have played this the whole time. They also had a little activity where they each were given a piece of bubble gum, got to chew it up, and then stick it on a picture of a witch, making her wart.
We ended the party by making a fun witches brew (they had each been asked to bring in a can of non-caffeinated soda to add to the brew. I also brought extra in case someone forgot). It bubbled and brewed as they each added their soda and they claimed it was delicious! We supplemented our brew with some bones and blood (Little Ceaser bread sticks and sauce) and then headed off to the costume parade. Ethan was happy, so I will call it a success. And that green witch is still flying all over our house!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment