October 18, 2010

Tradition Tuesday-The Annual Pumpkin Walk

Every Fall, our elementary school hosts it's annual Pumpkin Walk. And that's what it is... a walk through a bunch of decorated pumpkins. Each class picks a value and then they decorate their pumpkins to represent that value. It is fun and precious and interesting and exhausting (the last one only if you are a room mom!) We look forward to it every year. It screams fall with the hot chocolate, popcorn, bales of hay, scarecrows and of coarse....the pumpkins!
Ethan's value was friendship. They went with a Toy Story theme. They each painted their own portraits on their pumpkins. Ethan was very meticulous about his. I think it looked just like him, cute as can be! (By the way, Kara made the sign for this display, it is so handy to have such a talented daughter!)

Alyssa's class chose helpfulness as their value.
They were groovy 1960's stylin pumpkins each with big outstreched helping hands. Ready to help whenever asked.
Peace out!



I think Bryson's value was wisdom. I think. They made owls and they each had to write something about gaining wisdom by their little owl. Bryce personalized his by handcrafting some great looking spectacles for his pumpkin owl out of paperclips. That's my Brycie!


This is Brandon's last year in the Pumpkin Walk. His value was Honor. They made knights. He thought his was dumb because he just put a helmet and shield on it. But the sword he made out of cardboard and tinfoil was pretty cool, I thought.






I love this tradition. I love the creativity of these kids. I love that they focus on such great values. And I love pumpkins, you kind of gotta for this great annual walk amongst hundreds of them!



No comments: