October 2, 2010

Bling it On!

When I asked Alyssa what kind of birthday party she wanted, she said, "I don't know, something with jewels and stuff." That's not much to go on, jewels and stuff, but I brainstormed and came up with the "Bling it On" party and it was a great success!


We started out the party by making some bracelets and anklets. We had to start getting our bling on. It was so easy. I had a big bag of diamond jewels from a previous project that I dumped in a bowl. Then I put masking tape inside out on their wrists and ankles and they stuck the jewels onto the tape. They loved it. (By the way, kara made one and wore it to school and got tons of compliments on it!

We then talked about birthstones, they picked their birthstone from a little jewel jar and then we glued them onto the silver happy birthday hats I found at the dollar store. We then added more bling to our faces by putting sticker jewels by their eyes.

It still wasn't enough bling, so they went on a diamond hunt in the basement (after an explanation that you have to mine for diamonds) where they found their honkin diamond rings (Walmart) and then another hunt in the living room for a cheesy dollar sign necklace.


When they were adequately blinged out we played princess princess where's your jewel (just like doggy doggy where's your bone) where they had to guess who had the diamond and the ruby.


They were assigned jewel names like ruby, pearl, opal etc. and had to go by those names for the entire party (the girl who was named opal wasn't totally happy about her name:)) After cake and ice cream and opening presents the final activity was to get glitter nails. They picked their color and the final touch to all the sparkly fun was their beautiful glittery manicure! There was definitely a lot of BLING at this party.







No comments: