October 18, 2010

Boo'd

We got BOO'D last week. I was actually really surprised. We usually don't get boo'd until the end of the season. I like to think it is because we have 9 people in our family and it isn't easy to make treats for 9 people! Anyways, we got it early this year, Halloween cupcakes and my kids were thrilled. This is a fun tradition, but it sometimes stresses me out. The note says you have 24 hours to make treats and BOO two other families. First of all, we got Boo'd late Friday night. Second of all our Saturday was so full, I didn't even have time to feed my own family. Third of all I am really not a baker. So, at about 11 pm on Saturday night I found myself at the grocery store searching the aisles for a Halloween treat. I came home with 2 boxes of Booberry cereal and 2 bags of spiderweb cotton candy. I tied them up with a Halloween bow and we were ready to go. When my kids saw these treats they went nuts. They wanted the cereal so bad, but I wouldn't let them near it. They so loved the drop off where they put the treats on the doorstep, rang the bell and then raced for the open car door for a quick get away. They wanted to do it again and again, but will have to wait until next Halloween.

Oh, and on Monday I ran back to the store, picked up some Booberry cereal and for good measure threw in a Count Chocula and Frankenberry. When the kids got home from school these were waiting for them and it was the BEST Family Home Evening treat they had had in a long time!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

cute- i should get that for my kids. they would love it. good idea for a treat.