October 27, 2010

When Fall and Winter collide!

We had our first snowstorm of the season. It was October 27th and it was amazing! It started in the middle of the night. I didn't even know it was supposed to snow. At about 6 am Trevor told me to be careful driving today because it had snowed. I said, "It did?" He said yes, can't you see how light it is outside and listen it is so quiet. I love snowstorms. They are quiet and oh so beautiful.
This picture just reminded me that it is still Fall, not Winter. With the leaves still falling off into the white snow. I had to drive my kids to piano lessons in the morning and I just couldn't get over how beautiful everything looked. You would think I have never seen a snowstorm before. But ones this early have a different look because there are still so many trees with leaves, so the snow sticks to all the leaves and the view is breathtaking. I really couldn't get enough. I drove around after dropping the kids off for a while just looking at everything. What an amazing world we live in.

It was like a winter wonderland and so cozy. I knew that it would all be gone by the time the kids got home from school, that's how these early storms go. And it was. All gone. But I got some good pictures, enjoyed my little solo drive around my little town, made myself some hot chocolate and find myself looking forward to the next one. I just need my boys to mow one more time before this stuff really sticks! I think they will have time. After all, it is still October!


No comments: