October 29, 2010

Old Fashioned Halloween Party

I worked with a nurse once who had the same birthday as Brandon. October 28th. I remember her telling me that she had a Halloween birthday party every year. Her mom never asked her what kind of party she wanted, it was always just a Halloween party. I have always remembered that and made a resolve that Brandon would grow up having normal kid birthday parties. And he did. We had it all, blues clues, veggie tales, spiderman, pirates, star wars, and of coarse, football parties to name a few. This year, his 12th birthday I decided it was time for a good old fashioned Halloween party. Of coarse, I ran the idea by him, and he gave his consent. So here we go.
We held almost the whole party in our garage, which was fabulous. We started out by guessing the weight of this great warty pumpkin I bought. The winner, determined after we brought down the bathroom scale, won a great gummy brain that I found at Walgreens.

Of coarse we had to carve pumpkins. But these were 12 year old boys, so we did some extreme pumpkin carving. We had an electrocuted pumpkin, scar face, roadkill pumpkin, cannibal pumpkin (he is eating a little pumpkin), vomiting pumpkin and I don't know what that last one was. They loved it.

You can't have a Halloween party without the donuts on a string game.

Bobbing for apples-another favorite!

Most of the boys had never bobbed for apples. Probably because of sanitary reasons, but oh well, what they don't know won't hurt them right? They thought it was great and wanted to do it again and again, and I let them, becasue that's the kind of party thrower I am.






No comments: