October 31, 2010

Halloween-on the Sabbath

Halloween was on a Sunday this year. We had done all of our partying the day before, but I still wanted to do a little something special,
after all, it was Halloween.
We had a simple yummy Halloween night dinner. Homemade bread sticks, spiced apples, fresh garden salad and of coarse.....

..dinner in a pumpkin.
I felt like we were back in Little House days again (remember we are reading this series right now) Everything on our table could have come from our garden or crops. We even scraped out the pumpkin and ate it as our vegetable. It was very "Fallish" "Harvesty" and "Old Fashioned"


But, by far, the most significant thing that happened on Halloween this year was this handsome young man receiving the priesthood. I couldn't have been more proud of Brandon.
He was prepared, he was worthy and he is ready to serve!
It has been a great Halloween indeed!




No comments: