*A couple of weeks ago, I wrote that Ethan hasn't had a tantrum at night for a long time. I think I even called it a miracle. Well, this week he has had two night tantrums. Bad ones, where he is wandering around in the basement, lost, confused, screaming. Trevor thinks it is because I blogged about it. I am forbidden now to blog about Ethan not crying at night. He thinks I cursed it. He may be right. So it will not be mentioned again. I hope that means it will stop....again.
*Ashlyn found a little spider on our porch this week. She told me about it and I went to check it out. It just so happened that it was a huge black widow spider, right there on our porch. The word quickly spread amongst our children. I tried to keep it from our arachnaphobe, but he caught wind of it and ran out to see it. I feared we would have big nightmares that night, but amazingly we didn't. I'm not too afraid of spiders, I mean really, what are the odds of being bit by a black widow? (Ok, don't ask Sarah that question!) Trevor bravely killed the innocent spider and peace was restored to our household.
*We were involved in a hit and run this week. Trevor was getting his haircut and while he was in the back leisurely getting his shampoo, someone came running into the store asking if any one had a Suburban, that it had been hit. Since Trevor was otherwise occupied, he didn't hear this news. When he did emerge from the bowels of the hair salon they asked again and he went out to see. Two people had witnessed the lady back into our car, look anxiously around, and then quickly drive off! Can you believe that? Trevor called the insurance and to have it fixed we have to pay our $500 deductible! It is very frustrating and just plain rude!
*I love having 2 kids in seminary this year. Each Sunday we have them share something they learned that week. What they share is inspiring and uplifting. I am so grateful for their seminary teachers and for the experiences they are having. I love that they can feel the spirit like that at school.
*My kids had a piano recital this week. It was great. I love their new teacher and they are progressing very well. This was Alyssa's very first recital, she had only been taking piano for 4 months. She stood up, announced her pieces and then on the last piece, stated, "And I'm going to sing this one!" And sing she did. My little 8 year old, sang Families can be Together Forever at the top of her lungs as she accompanied herself. It was absolutely precious and something I myself never could have done. She amazes me!
*At the dentist last week, we were told Ashlyn really needed to stop sucking her thumb. A couple of days later I put a band aid on her thumb to see what she would do. Right after I did it, she looked at it for a while and then slowly laid down on the floor. She laid there, curled in a little ball and wouldn't talk or move for a long time. After trying everything to get her to get up and come eat lunch, I finally went over and ripped the dang band aid off. She then snapped out of her depression and came over to eat. What am I going to do with this one!?!
* We had a ward activity this week based on the show Iron Chef. The secret ingredient was rice. I am proud to say that I won first place for my stuffed mushrooms! It was quite an accomplishment because I really don't love to cook, Ive never seen that show (not that it really mattered) and I've never even tried this recipe before. I am now making my family call me Iron chef. Yep, I'm pretty proud and my family is pretty lucky to have me making all of their food!
*We had our Primary Program today. It was wonderful as usual. I felt the spirit and feel so blessed to serve amongst these little angels.
Until next week!
October 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Dear Iron Chef,
I know I'm just going to talk to you on the phone tomorrow. . .but I have to say:
I can't believe your car was hit! That is so annoying that you have to pay for it. Why didn't they get her plates?
Imagining Alyssa singing and playing the piano is my favorite thing. I could never do that either and I love her so much. So cute.
And then Ash and the thumb- I don't even know what to say. What are you going to do with her depression!? We need to discuss this.
Post a Comment