
After a day of rafting down the Provo River, Kara came racing home to get ready for her first date dance. She had 50 minutes to get ready. That is not really a lot of time for a girl, especially after rafting in dirty water all day. With Rylee as our personal hair professional and 20 minutes left until pick up, we thought all was well. She was actually going to make it....until the doorbell rang. Her date came 20 much needed minutes early. I was dying, as I tried to entertain him upstairs (do you want to watch some Nascar?). Kara and Rylee were dying as her hair was only half done and her date was probably dying because they needed to be someplace at 7 (There was a mis-communication about the pick up time). Rylee did an amazing job fixing and kind of finishing the 1/2 done hair, we threw on the dress and she ran upstairs.

Her date was a football player, fellow student council member, and a good friend- Grant or "Baby G". Despite the rushed departure and the fact that I barely had time to even get this picture, she was happy, looked beautiful, and was looking forward to a great night.

And then she was off. My little girl all grown up. When did it happen? I don't know, but it sure is fun to watch her experience all the great things about being a teenager, being in High School, and being a fabulous young woman. I'm loving every minute of it and I hope she is too!
2 comments:
Perfect! Nice pulling it off, your dress is lovely and looks so good on you Kara! Hey, I went rafting down Provo river on a high school date dance when I was barely 16 too! :)
She does look so cute! The hair turned out fine too. There will be plenty more dances for her to get a fancier do!!!
Post a Comment