November 29, 2010

Dragon party (the final part, I promise)

We had to pause and feed the hungry trainers. The dragons were invited to the table, but didn't need to be fed, since they had just eaten. The boys ate fire cupcakes and drank dragon's blood. I then told them all about dragon lairs and how dragons liked to steal and hide treasures in their lairs. Sadly, a dragon had stolen their treasure bags and they were given clues to find the lair to hopefully retrieve their treasures.

The last clue led them to the dreaded lair of the most fierce dragon ever known. And sure enough their goody bags were right there where he slept.

As they attempted to get their bags the dragon awoke and their were some viscous attacks, but I reminded the trainers that they had been taught and knew how to calm a dragon. (At this point my darling nephew was overheard in the corner giving himself a pep-talk "OK, this is going to be scary, but I can do it, I know what to do!") They all started to sing happy birthday really quietly and what do know, it worked. That fierce dragon crawled back into his lair and fell right asleep.

The trainers were victorious! And the party was a true test where only the bravest survived! We had a blast!
(What did I used to do before I had teenagers to help me with these parties?)






1 comment:

Scott and Traci said...

Ha ha ha!! That's too much fun, I can't stop laughing.