November 5, 2010

My favorite things-walking!

I really love the location of my house. Location Location Location. That's what they say when you are buying a house. We tried to do that and one of the things that I love about our location is how close we are to our church and the kids schools. I love it, and I am reminded how much I love it each time I send them out the door.
I love that my kids walk. Walk to church. Walk to mutual. Walk to school. Walk home from school. Elementary and Junior High. Walk in the sunshine. Walk in the rain. Walk in the snow. Call it unfair, and sometimes they do, but they just walk no matter the weather. I love that it gives them a little bit of exercise. I love that they have a little bit of time while they are walking home to unwind and release some energy. I love that they can socialize, not only with other neighbor kids, but with each other. I just love that they are out in this beautiful world no matter what mother nature is throwing at them. Oh, and I guess I love that it's one less place I have to chauffeur them around to. Yep, walking to school, one of my favorite things, for sure!

No comments: