November 26, 2010

Our little turkey is 6!

When you have a baby around Thanksgiving it makes you reflect a lot about how thankful you are for the miracle of life and that sweet person that has come to your family. For 6 years I have been so thankful that Ethan is mine, that he is healthy and happy, and that he is who he is and not the little girl I thought he was. This year his birthday fell on black Friday, just like it did that wonderful day 6 years ago when he came to our family.

I am thankful for those big brown eyes. They shine and sparkle and they help him get away with more than he should because they are just so darn cute! I am thankful for his cute voice when he says, "yes mother!" I am thankful he is so excited about learning and is doing so well in kindergarten. I am thankful he has energy and loves to run and play soccer and wrestle. I am thankful he doesn't get up in the middle of the night anymore.

I am thankful he loves to play games, and is such a good playmate for Ashlyn while everyone else is at school. I am thankful he does his chores each Saturday with only minimal assistance and reminding. I am thankful he goes to Primary and is able to report each Sunday what he has learned. I am thankful that he really does try to choose the right.

I am thankful we got to go to Pirate Island for his birthday lunch and that he didn't seem to mind that I spent the whole morning of his birthday shopping with the rest of the world. I am thankful that he loves me so much and tells me often. I am thankful for the quiet mornings we have together to read books. I am thankful. Just so thankful that Heavenly Father trusted me with this wonderful little boy and that I get to watch him grow for many more Thanksgivings to come.
Happy Birthday Eto.
I love you!




No comments: