November 12, 2010

My favorite things- quotes, sayings and scriptures!

Some may like to call me a brain washer. And maybe I am. But when you're brainwashing about good things is it really that bad? I like to put different quotes up around my house to help motivate, inspire or just brighten my kids day. Here are just a few of them:
When I was a young adult I saw this on someones door as I was leaving their house and it had a powerful impact on me. I remember thinking, yes, every time you walk out the door you are in the mission field and you need to act accordingly. I made a mental note that I would put that same sign in my house someday. And I did. And it still has an impact on me every time I leave my house each day.

I read this in a New Era article and again was moved. I wanted my kids to see it and be reminded of it daily. I felt it was applicable to the times and what my kids may be facing each day.


This is just on the refrigerator in my basement where my teenagers hang out. Simple, yet meaningful.


This is my favorite. The scripture for which I hope my children can base all their decisions and their lives. Building on a sure foundation. Building their lives and everything they do around their Savior. With a promise that if they do they will not fall, no matter what is thrown at them. I love it and hope they read it often, I know I do. It gives me hope. These quotes inspire me. They motivate me. They are powerful to me. And my hope is that even if one of them touches one of my children in some way--
than all my brainwashing was worth it!





No comments: