November 13, 2010
Preference
I think I was almost as excited as Kara to help host the pre-Preference dinner for her, her date, and 5 other couples. I love a good party. As she was out on her day date, Trevor and I got the room and table ready. We removed part of the couch, moved and extended the table, decorated the table better than any restaurant could ever do (thanks to Linda), turned on the fire and mood music, and dimmed the lights. It looked beautiful, if I do say so myself.
The couples arrived and the picture taking began. I was taking so many pictures with other cameras I didn't get any really good ones with my own, but this is the whole group. The were so cute and fun and polite. I loved having them in my home.
The girls had brought all the food. After the guys were seated the girls came upstairs to serve their dates. The menu: Chicken cordon bleu, rice pilaf, green salad, homemade rolls with honey butter, and brownies and ice cream for dessert. It was cute to see them serve the guys, but Trevor and I had to help most of them down the stairs with their plates because they were afraid they would trip on their long dresses. That would not have been good.
They ate and talked and laughed. And then before we knew it they were done and ready to move on to the next, even more exciting part of their magical night- the dance. They all came upstairs to get ready to leave. I wanted to go with them to be a fly on the wall for the rest of their date. Trevor said no. I think Kara was relieved.
We were sad to see them go. Especially these little ones. Alyssa and Ashlyn couldn't believe the beautiful dresses and that their big sister, their idol, was wearing one too. They were allowed to come down to see the grand exit, the final swish of the dresses as they went out into the cold. After the dance, when we got the rundown of the whole day, Kara reported that it had been a perfect day. I was so happy to be a part of it and hope there are many many more of these in the years to come. They are welcome anytime.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment