*This has been the first week without sports games and practices. And even though we had YW in Excellence, Pack Meeting, Pack Planning Meeting, and 3 parties, it has been glorious!
*I was trying to fall asleep the other night and I felt a little tickle on my head. I reached up to itch it and felt something. I kept my fingers on it and carefully turned on the light. It was an earwig! An EARWIG crawling in my hair in my bed! Sick! I was disgusted, and no, I didn't sleep well that night!
*For the longest time Ashlyn will ask to have her paint nails done. She is constantly asking for Kara or me to paint nails her nails. It has been cute. Yesterday, before church she came up with a little bottle of hot pink polish she got at a party the day before. She really wanted her nails done before church. So she asked, "Mom, will you please put paint nolish on me?" Even cuter!
*Speaking of parties, Ashlyn went to 2 birthday parties this week, back to back. One on Friday and another on Saturday. She was thrilled. I think she's a 3 year old pop!
*I don't totally know what I'm doing for my Christmas cards. Usually by this time of year I practically have them done. Help me!
*I forgot to write last week that while we were trick or treating my older boys decided they were tired of saying trick or treat. I guess it was just too long and difficult to say. So they decided to save themselves some energy and just said "TOT" when they went up to the door. Laziness to its extreme! After having their fun at a few houses, getting some quizzical looks, I made them go back to actually saying "trick or treat" I'm sure it exhausted them.
*Brandon was student of the week last week at his school. He's a great kid. That's all.
*I love how much Ashlyn loves books. She just really loves books. I read to her everyday and then multiple times a day I find her up in the hall by the library basket or in her room sitting by the bookshelf with books all around her. She carefully turns each page and "reads" out loud to herself. It is amazing how good her reading comprehension is because she can practically recite the whole book word for word after just hearing it once. She is not only a pop, she is a brilliant pop.
*The other night as I was reading Little House on the Prairie Ashlyn interrupted and said, "Mom, pause it, I need a drink." It's not the first time my kids have asked me to 'pause it' while reading a book. A sign of the times they live in I guess.
*Alyssa wrote me the sweetest note the other day. She told me how much she loved me and listed some of the great things I do. At the very end of this tender note she wrote, "you're the BEAST mom ever!" Trevor laughed and laughed. I like to think she meant to write best. Trevor thinks she knew exactly what she was writing and that sometimes I can be a beast of a mom. I'm going to go with my guess. My sweet Alyssa isn't capable of calling me a beast, even if I can be one sometimes. And now this beast must sign off.
Until next week!
November 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The earwig is making me feel lots better about the ant infestation on my baby.
Post a Comment