I absolutely love Thanksgiving.
And I love all of the traditions that accompany this glorious holiday.
The more the merrier over here. I grew up having Thanksgiving every year with only my immediate family. That was cozy and quaint and all I knew, but for me now, extended family, cousins, grandparents and friends- that's what makes it special.
I love the tradition of good food.
Trevor and I wrestled with this bird for 2 days getting it ready for its big debut. I'm telling you brining a turkey is the way to go. Delicious. It deserved a picture. We also had a stuffing showdown as well as a sweet potato contest. The outcome was divided. All recipes will be back next year. You can never have too much food on Thanksgiving.
Trevor and I wrestled with this bird for 2 days getting it ready for its big debut. I'm telling you brining a turkey is the way to go. Delicious. It deserved a picture. We also had a stuffing showdown as well as a sweet potato contest. The outcome was divided. All recipes will be back next year. You can never have too much food on Thanksgiving.
Everyone working together to present the perfect meal. The smells from my house that day were to die for.
Of eating and visiting and sharing what we are most thankful for. I love being together.
I love that they ate so much turkey they had to sleep it off.
I really do. I love that my family played in 2 turkey bowls in the morning (one with the ward and one with family). I love that the boys played football outside both before and after the meal. I also love that the weather was perfect for it this year.
I love football on Thanksgiving so much that I don't even mind that it is on all day inside, while they are playing it outside. Football is a part of Thanksgiving around here.
I love looking through them, circling our intended targets and plotting our shopping strategy.
(Although I did not enjoy the sales starting on what my sisters and I have now named "Brown Thursday" Where did my Black Friday go?)
I love playing games that all ages can participate in and enjoy, like an exciting round of turkey races or...
(Although I did not enjoy the sales starting on what my sisters and I have now named "Brown Thursday" Where did my Black Friday go?)
I love the competition, the noise and the laughter that fills my home when we all play games together. I wish we did it more often.
I love Thanksgiving.
But mostly I love the people and feelings that go along with this day.
We have much to be thankful for this year.
And this particular Thanksgiving day, filled with family and traditions and food and love did not disappoint.

2 comments:
my thoughts on your thanksgiving post:
Did you approve of Kara's shirt? It has brown in it, but stars on Thanksgiving? She would have been more comfortable with us, I think.
Look at Gemma! Who is she? I love her.
I LOVE dad's face in that picture! How do you play reverse charades?
This made me miss my family. :(
How is this for a comment, eh?
wHAT A WONDERFUL FAMILY YOU HAVE!!and I totally agree--brined turkey is the BEST:)
Post a Comment