November 1, 2011

October random

I have been trying to catch up like crazy. And now I am finally ready to wrap up October. Here are a few random October happenings in our house.



We were only able to squeeze in going to one home football game to cheer on our Cougars. It was a fun game. We saw Elder Neil A. Anderson, Elder L. Tom Perry and Jimmer Fredette. We ate cougar tails and ice cream. Oh, and we won the game. By a lot.

Red Ribbon week at school. They were supposed to wear jerseys from their favorite teams. Thank goodness for older brothers. I thought this picture was cute. Say no to drugs by the way, because my kids sure do.


We tried the recipe for these tiny carmel apples. They were so easy and so yummy. You just cut out circles from an apple using a melon baller. Then you dip them in melted butterscotch chips and then dip them in nuts or sprinkles or whatever. We gobbled them up in minutes.



We took our Japanese exchange student to a corn maze. "OK, here is what you do. Just run around in circles in this field of dead corn stalks for a long time. Then try to get out. No really, it's fun."





Bryson made a haunted house in school. It was really cool.



Of course we did a little carving. Is there really anything in this world that smells better then pumpkins burning on a front porch on Halloween night? I don't think so. Especially with our little trick of sprinkling cinnamon on top of the lid before you light the candle. I could just sit out there and smell them all night long, but I didn't because that would be weird.



Kara spent most of Halloween night trapped in this giant Jack-in-the-Box for the Haunted Hallways spook alley at the school. The student council did a circus theme. I am kicking myself right now that I didn't get a picture of the ape and the giant yetti. It was creepy. She had a really bad headache when she came home.



And my 4 youngest spent the last night of October trick or treating. We absolutely couldn't have asked for better trick or treating weather this year. It was perfect. How do you like Bryson's costume? He had been planning to be a classic ghost since, oh, last Halloween. Next year he wants to cut a whole bunch of holes in his sheet and carry a bag of rocks like Charlie Brown, and I just may let him.

And that's all for fall, y'all.


(Or at least October)




1 comment:

Melanie Anne said...

You are my hero! I love all the happy things you do with your family! You are a great MOmma! And thank you for the pumpkin cinnamon tip --I will remember that for next year! I can;t tell it would be awesome!