November 7, 2011

Puerta Viarta

There are 3 trips I took last year that I have not documented yet. It is my goal to do them all this week. So pack your bags and get ready to see lots of pictures as we travel the world together.


In February Trevor and I went to Puerto Vallarta for a week.

We had a fabulous time.


And who wouldn't when you were staying in a house like this. When we arrived there was homemade guacamole waiting and fresh virgin pina coladas to sip. There was a maid that came every day to clean and cook if you wanted her to (yes, I thought I had died and gone to heaven, I no longer was the maid, now I had one!) Every room and bedroom was just open to the view of the ocean.
It was spectacular.


On Sunday we were able to attend a small branch for church. We didn't understand a word (well, I understood a few words after 3 years of Spanish in high school) We laughed at the man who was conducting the sacrament meeting. He announced the song then ran over to the piano to play, then ran back to the pulpit where he turned the time over to himself as the main speaker. We chuckled all the way to Sunday School, where you'll never guess who the teacher was!

It was a great day.


We ate out all the time. Most places we choose were great. This one not so much. These are cricket tacos. Look closely, the crickets are whole. Sick! Even Trevor, who eats just about anything couldn't stomach them, but he did try them. I can't say the same for myself.


We actually relaxed and read books. This rarely happens for us at home.

Actually, it never happens for us at home.



We strolled the cobblestone paths of Puerta Vallarta. There were tons of sand sculptures and street vendors. I took a picture of some of the sculptures because I thought maybe my kids could copy them for our family reunion at the beach.

We didn't even come close.


We did all of these things with our dear friends. Couples we love. Together we relaxed, played games, ate crickets, took walks, shopped and talked and laughed until all hours of the night.


One of the greatest blessings in our lives are good friends.


This dinner out was one I will never forget. Look at that. We were eating right on the beach. The food was delicious, the sand in our toes, the ocean crashing just a few feet away. It was pure heaven. I didn't want the week to end.....ever!


But all good things do have to end. And just like this spectacular sunset eventually ended, and we watched until it did (this picture doesn't even do it justice) our vacation had to end. I had to say goodbye to Mexico, to dinners out, to sleeping in, to good conversation, to homemade guacamole and chips, and to my own personal maid. I had to because I needed to get back to the little ones I left behind. Despite all the fun, I had missed them and I'm sure they had missed me, their own personal........Old Maid.


But we'll be back someday.

Mark my word.

No comments: