November 11, 2011

Oregon


In March, Ashie and I packed our bags and hopped on a plane bound for Oregon.

It was the first flight for Ash and also for Belle and Aurora. They all enjoyed it very much.

We had such a great time and I learned so much in my short 4 days in Oregon.
Here are just a few of the things I learned:


*leprechauns can be tricky, no matter where you live
*bunks beds are actually pretty comfy
*my daughter is a quiet mouse


*how to do my hair so as not to look so old fashioned
*oregon garage sales, which are supposed to be the best, actually aren't in March
*i don't appreciate having the fat grams of the meal i ordered printed on my receipt


*cousin time is precious
*i am fascinated by the show "hoarders"
*a quiet night of laying on the couch and watching tv does exist


*it's lucky to have multiple cousins in the same place
*jimmer can be incorporated into a Sacrament Meeting talk
*in oregon popcorn AND taffy are passed around in Relief Society


*that the boy on the right is not only a Dodger, but a great Michael Jackson impersonator
*little plastic princesses apparently prefer to hang out in the freezer
*it is bone chilling cold in Oregon, to me at least


*i love wickles, and am now addicted
*i really enjoy Dave's bread, it's "killer"
*brian makes the best grilled cheese sandwich....ever!



*there are lots of different causes i could donate my money to
*oregon has a lot of diversity
*it is not uncommon to wait over an hour to get some donuts


* having just one kid is pretty easy
*how to add more than 5 pictures to my blog posts, finally
*apparently I can be mistaken and introduced as my sister's mother


*you can never have too many elephant ears
*if you give a silver statue man some money, he will dance for you
*you can do prom jewelry shopping with a cell phone camera




*i love my sister and her cute family so so much
*4 days just isn't long enough to totally catch up
*i miss her a lot but can see why she likes Oregon

We liked it too!
Thanks for a fabulous and educational trip.
I still miss you.
(why isn't layla in any pictures?!?)

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I loved this so much! I had forgotten a lot of what we did and funny things that happened, and it was so fun reading it!

You should come back, that was fun.

TravisandLori said...

How fun! I'm so glad you got to go, and glad Sarah's doing well!