February 12, 2011

You're right....where?!

A couple of weeks ago we had a really good Family Home Evening. That is rare around here. (And that is why we have implemented our FHE makeover which I will dedicate a post to later.) It was good because everyone came prepared, everyone participated and we felt the spirit. We really did. As we were wrapping things up, I looked around the room and I couldn't find Bryce. I said, "Where is Bryce?! Did he just miss that whole lesson?" I was pretty ticked that he had missed it and that I hadn't even noticed him slipping out of the room. Then all of a sudden we heard a tiny voice say, "I'm right here." And this is what we saw:
Umm, should I be concerned that my child is skinny enough to hide like that? Perhaps. (He was under the cushions, not behind the couch, by the way!) But, I was relieved that he hadn't missed anything. He had been right there all along, listening and learning with the rest of us. Laughter filled the room as we all ran to grab our cameras and it was a great way to end an already great night. In a perfect world every day would end with a family laughing together, and thanks to our Brycie we had that perfect day! And we'll take any one we can get!


2 comments:

Kami Youngblood said...

Ha! That's great, Bryce, way to make the perfect end to the day! Funny, funny. Lisa, I'm re-entering blog world after many months and amazed that yours is so fabulous and up-to-date! You are a wonder to me. Love you all.

TravisandLori said...

Ha Ha Ha - I love it!