We had a tough time picking Tyler's birthday this year. The 28th was out because Dad would be out of town. The 27th was a Sunday, and who would pick to have their birthday on a Sunday? Not a teenager. The 25th was snow camp, nope that wouldn't work. So we settled this year on the 26th. February 26th became the day we celebrated the birth and life of this great kid.
Tyler has definitely been blessed with great friends.
My mom had given us a cake from Smiths several weeks ago. Tyler ate some and said it was the best cake he had ever had and asked if he could have it on his birthday. Umm, yes! So a $5.99 sour cream pudding cake was purchased and devoured by the birthday boy while we sang our traditional "Happy Birthmonth" song to him.
And then this kid was given a pile of gifts, that he thought were pretty great!
This great kid of mine is growing up, quite literally. I can't believe how tall he is getting, the things he is doing, the talents that he has and the choices he is making. He is doing great things and I am certain that many more great things lie ahead for this teen. I am grateful he is mine. I am grateful for the things he is teaching me. I am grateful he was born 15 years ago on a day that would be lost most years on the calenders, but never in our hearts. I am so grateful for my Tyler Rex and my love for him is great indeed!
Happy Birthmonth Ty!
Happy Birthmonth Ty!

No comments:
Post a Comment