(By the way, this was like the 6th time I have used all of these props, the hearts, the calender and hot lips Heather. I laminate and save everything. It makes parties a whole lot easier, and I'm sure they will be used again a 7th time when little Ashlyn claims her stake in kindergarten. If I am the room mom, I will be ready!)
February 11, 2011
Kindergaten valentines party
Another holiday, another kindergarten party. In my attempt to document all of my parties, here is this simple little Valentines party for some simply fantastic kindergarten kids.
We started the party with a good old fashioned musical hearts game. I had 4 colors of hearts that matched the colors of the Valentines M&M's candy. They danced around the circle to a fun love songs mix and then every minute or so I would stop the music. When the music stopped they stood on their heart and I picked out an M&M. If it was the color they were standing on they got some M&M's. They loved this. Everybody wins, everybody gets candy and everybody dances. On the last round I strategically picked out all of the colors so everybody got candy on the last round. I then divided the class into 3 stations depending on what color heart they ended on.
The first station was the calendar game. They had to toss a beanbag on the February calender and then tell the mom in charge what number they landed on (since they are learning their numbers). When they said their number they got a candy. They did it over and over again. Oh, and if they landed on the number 14, they got to go again.
Next was "Hot Lips Heather." They would slide their chocolate foil lips and try to get it to land in the lip area of this very attractive woman. (Thank you Trevor, my artistic husband) They also did this over and over again and got to eat their lips after the game was over. The next rotation I didn't take a picture of. It was a relay race with a bunch of action words like skip, hop, shuffle, jump, and walk backwards written on hearts. They had to pick a heart and then do the action to the wall and back. After all of the rotations I read the book "Froggy's First Kiss" to the whole class.
We then gave all of the kids a water bottle with the label "Love Potion" on it. They each got a packet of red punch mix, were instructed to take a sip of their water and then dump in the love potion mix. They then twisted the top back on tightly and then they shook and shook to make their love potion to the song, "Love Potion #9. This was a highlight.
To end the party, I told the kids that I had been sick with a love sickness and that I was pretty contagious. (I had heart stickers all over my face.) I told them that they had probably caught the "love pox" from me. I gave them each a strip of heart stickers and told them to put them on their faces. I also told them the only way to get cured from the love pox was to do something nice for someone else or tell someone at home that they loved them. When they did this they could take off one sticker until they were all cured. They thought this was pretty funny, and Ethan thought he was pretty clever to put all of his stickers on top of each other and then stick the stack right on the tip of his nose.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment