I love Valentines Day, because I have a lot of people to love.
I also love holidays.
Here is how we celebrated our holiday this year.

We scrambled over the weekend to get all of our Valentines for our classmates filled out. I love watching my kids through this process, brings back such memories. We also had a few boxes to make. Alyssa was especially proud of her ballerina box.
(She didn't win the contest, but we anticipated this because we didn't think any boys would vote for a ballerina box...and we were right!) 
As usual our kitchen table was covered with roses, candy, cards from Grandma's and other special treats.

When I was running a few errands I saw a lady buying some balloons. I thought they were cute so I bought me some. I came home and tied them to the chairs. Well, you could not imagine the reaction around here. My kids were so excited. I overheard some of their friends saying, "Wow you are having a big party." Not really, we were just having a Valentines dinner, but the balloons definitely added to the evening. I will be buying balloons in the future, they were so simple yet so festive. How can you not love a balloon?

We then invited over some of our favorite people and had our traditional Valentines dinner.

Heart shaped meatloaf, pink mashed potatoes, red jello with whipped cream, red punch, oh, and some green asparagus. It was delicious if I do say so myself. It was a great meal, a great holiday, followed by a great Family Home Evening surrounded by the people I love the most. What could be better?
No comments:
Post a Comment