December 28, 2010

More highlights

The fun continued in the kitchen. Kara has a "winter fun list," and one of the things on that list was to make fudge. So here she is, checking another thing off her list. (I wish I had a picture of the 100 snowflakes she made and hung all over the house.) She also dipped cookies for her friends- red, green, and white Oreos complete with Christmas sprinkles.



After I practically burned the house down trying to make my neighbor gifts, I had to start all over- only there was no time. So I scurried down to Kohlers and ordered these candy cane bread twists. I tied a little bow on them, threw on a card and away we went to do our traditional caroling to our neighbors. Delivering neighbor gifts is always a highlight for me. I am thankful for my neighbors and I want them to know that, store bought gifts or not (We ate one and it was really good, thankfully!).



One of my favorite things about the season is the constant ringing of the doorbell, with wonderful people dropping by with yummy treats and smiles on their faces. A lot of these faces are my kids' cute friends with simple little gifts and very happy faces. So, a part of our week before Christmas is delivering all of our friend gifts. It can sometimes take several hours, but it is so worth it and it makes me and my kids happy. This year Ashlyn was bursting with excitement because it was her first year to deliver friend gifts to her 4 cute little playgroup friends. Watching her at each doorstep was priceless.



On Christmas Eve Day Trevor took the kids ice skating. They all loved it. I stayed home to get ready for the party and to finish up some wrapping. It was heaven to have the house to myself for a couple of hours.



And how can you not love reenacting the Christmas story on Christmas Eve, especially with an angel like that!


(Not to mention the baby Jesus who would only stay still with a game remote.)


It was a fun, crazy, busy, noisy, and full 2 weeks.


And now it's all over. My house is much quieter and quite a bit tidier, and I am very thankful that school is back in session.


Am I a bad mom?







No comments: