One day in the first week of December is always reserved for the Festival of Trees. We rarely miss it.

We walk through aisle after aisle of beautiful trees. The girls and I stop and admire and look at details. The boys walk down the middle of the aisle, twisting their heads from side to side so they can kill two rows with one stone, a convenient trick their father taught them. We read the stories, we cry (OK the girls and I do) and every year I say a silent prayer in my heart that I will never be at this fundraiser looking at a tree for one of my own. Here are just some of our favorites this year.

The little girls loved this fairy tree. There was a whole tiny fairy village under the tree with little fires and paths and flowers. It was really cute.

Ethan loved the blue cookie monster tree.

Everyone was fascinated with the tree titled "Barbies Winter Ball" All of the barbies were dressed up and being escorted to the ball by very handsome boy barbies. My girls found Jasmine, Mulan, Eric and I, of coarse, found Donny, who happened to be singing at this very grand occasion.

There were tons of BYU/Utah trees. I loved my kids showing their true colors in this one. There was also a book tree that Ashlyn was drawn to. A huge display where the blue trees were curved into waves and Santa was surfing under them and a big tree that looked just like a snowman. I am always amazed at people's creativity and at their stories and at their strength. I am always amazed at the Festival of Trees!
No comments:
Post a Comment