November 10, 2012

i hope they call me



The opportunity doesn't come around very often.  Having the missionaries over for dinner is a rare treat around these parts.  They have dinner appointments every night. There are so many members who want them.  You kind of have to fight for a chance. 


We were lucky enough to have them grace our dining room table one Saturday night in November. We so enjoyed talking to them about their homes, their families, their preparation for their missions.  They were kind and funny and happy.


I decided long ago to never let an opportunity pass to have the missionaries over.  They fill my home with the spirit.  They share their testimonies.  They set an example for all of us.


And this time they took my oldest boy, my future missionary, along for the ride.  
I don't really know them, but I love them.  I am thankful for them and for Tyler who was willing to be their chauffeur, their student, their companion.

If only for one night.
And what a great night it was!

Hurrah for Israel!
 


1 comment:

Sarah said...

Tyler is really tall and you have a lot of children.

How's that for a comment?