November 22, 2012

Give Thanks

I don't even know where to begin to catch up. So much is happening.  I am so busy.  My kids are doing so many things that I want to record.  I think about blogging all the time.  I plan to do it.  I want to do it.  And then something always comes up.  But once again, I am determined to do my family history.  I am determined to document this crazy life of mine.  So here we go.


Thanksgiving 2012.


It is a tradition in our home to watch the dog show on Thanksgiving. 

 Weird.  I know
.
  But it is something we do.  Actually, just the girls do it.  I think Kara started it in her dog loving younger years.  (Those wonderful years where she begged for a dog every month in family counsel)  I love how this year the girls gathered all of the stuffed animal dogs that we have and set them up to watch the big competition.


After the exciting conclusion of the dog show we headed over the river and through the woods to grandmother's house.  Aunt Marla had a fun turkey craft for the kids to do.




And of coarse, we enjoyed  lots of delicious food and even more delicious company.

I am thankful for this girl. She makes me happy and it was so fun to have her home with us.


This year a new twist was added to the annual Turkey bowl competition.  There was a quarterback challenge.  There were awards and prizes and presentations. 


And some of my kids actually won some.

Thank you Grandma and Grandpa for a wonderful holiday!
My heart is always so full on Thanksgiving.  I am so thankful for my blessings.  For my cute family and the amazing family I married into.  This has been a year filled with miracles for our family.  A year to truly reflect on all we have received.
 It has been a  year of true thanksgiving.


1 comment:

Sarah said...

I kinda liked this post in March- it made me miss Thanksgiving.