November 26, 2012

eto is eight

  There is someone or something that doesn't want me to blog.  Every day I say I am going to blog and then a million other things come up and it is always the thing to get pushed aside.  But, I am determined.  And I am not going to let this someone or something stand in my way.  This is the story of my family. These are the things I will forget if I don't write them down.  This is for my posterity.  These stories need to be told, for me and for my kids.  And so I will tell them.  Even if it takes me forever and a day.  I will tell them.  And so I am going to skip right over June-November, start with Ethan's birthday and then go back and catch up. 
 
I really will.
 
Watch me.
 
 

This is the first time in history (OK, at least the short 8 years of Ethan's history) that he got to go to school on his birthday.  Every year since he has been born his birthday has fallen somewhere over the Thanksgiving break.  But, since Thanksgiving was so early this year, Ethan found himself at school for his big day.  Luckily, he is only in second grade so to him this was very exciting. 
 

Something else that was very exciting (besides those great Phineas and Ferb dolls that I found at a garage sale for $1, thank you very much) was that Ethan had his very first Wolf scout meeting on his birthday.  He could hardly contain his excitement after school, and went running out the door with that little yellow bandanna flapping wildly in the wind behind him to his Den Leaders house. 
 

He came home from Scouts to his requested homemade chicken noodle soup, "you know mom, the one with the little balls in it" (acini de pepe) and some fresh out of the oven rolls with honey butter. 
 After he gobbled that down, he went straight to his presents.  There is nothing quite like the look of excitement on a birthday boys face as he carefully opens each present.  It wasn't really much this year, but he didn't care.


I love this boy. 
 He is a good boy.  He loves his family.  He has good friends.  He is a good friend.  And he tries so hard to do what is right.  He is so excited for what the very near future holds for him.  And he is ready.  My baby boy is growing up, right before my very eyes.  And I really like what I see.
 
Happy Birthday sweet Eto!
 I sure do love you!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments: