October 31, 2012

halloween

Halloween is definitely one of my favorites.  Always has been.  I love everything about it.  I have many friends who hate Halloween, they hate the gore and the evil and whatever else.  I don't hate anything about it.  To me Halloween isn't at all about gore or evil.  It is about fun and candy and costumes and tradition. 
 It is about being a kid.


This year we transformed into Zorro, a swingin 50's girl, Luigi and a stunning bride.


I can still remember the Halloween parades of my youth at good ole White Oak Elementary.  I remember weaving around all the desks, in and out of every classroom, proudly displaying my costume for all to see.  I think Ashlyn felt pretty proud of her gorgeous gown in her kindergarten parade, you can just see it on her face.  Oh, the memories.


After the parade I stopped in to help in Bryson's class for his 6th grade party before I dashed off to...


...help in Ashlyn's kindergarten party, before I raced off to help in.....


...Alyssa's 4th grade party.  Poor Eto, I didn't make it to his 2nd grade party because it was at the same time as one of these other parties, but I certainly heard all about it and it was a good one.


After our traditional dinner we headed out into the night for a little trick or treating.  I love this picture of Alyssa.  That spider was triggered by movement and would come down and scare kids.  She about had a heart attack.  And look at those leaves on the pavement.  Oh my gosh, I love the fall.


My kids were happy with their loot. 
And my dentist will be too.


Late in the evening the doorbell rang.  We were very surprised to find this gem of a trick or treater. 
I don't know what her name is, Pearl or Ruby or maybe Doris.
(She actually wore this outfit all day on campus, oh, if only I had her self confidence)



It was a happy Halloween indeed!



1 comment:

Sarah said...

Kara again. I'm dying.

Also, I'm dying because I just thought maybe the homemade wedding gown that Ash wore would get a little more attention. . .meaning I would get some attention.

Just sayin'.

How do you like all these comments?