So, about a year ago, I really started thinking about pornography. I guess I should rephrase that, I really started thinking about pornography prevention. Pornography is everywhere and I know it is a problem because for 1 full month in sacrament meeting that was the topic. And almost every month in the Ensign there is an article about it. And it has just been on my mind, a lot. How could I protect my family? What should I do? I figured it had been on my mind for a reason and I wasn't going to just sit around and wait for something horrible like pornography to invade my family.
I am a firm believer in prevention and early intervention and so after many articles read, many prayers and a lot of research I came up with the
Allred family anti-pornography plan.
(about 2 weeks after this FHE we were at a bookstore for Ashlyn's birthday. With panic in his eyes Ethan ran up to me, desperately pulled at my arm and said, "Mom! Come quick, Ashlyn's looking at pornography!" I got over to her and sure enough there was a very innocent drawing of a little bum in the children's book she was looking at. We praised him for his quick thinking and for telling mom right away and we were able to again teach what is right and wrong. I smiled all the way home, this little plan just might work!)

1 comment:
Great ideas. I love how Eto signed his name as "Eto". Does he do that all the time?
I'm not looking forward to having to think more about pornography like you. Maybe on our farm in Idaho we won't have the internet and I won't have to think about it.
Post a Comment