Years ago when one of our oldest kids got sick for the first time, we had minutes before the big upheaval. I yelled for Trevor to grab a bowl. To my utter disgust he came running up the stairs with my saucepan in his hand! A big silver pot with a handle was his choice for the barf bowl and he got there with seconds to spare. (He could have at least brought the lid along so we could cover up the vomit!) Sick! Now was I expected to just wash it out and then go cook up some soup or stroganoff or something? I don't think so. Since that sickness we have also had many episodes where we have had more than one kid sick at the same time. I sometimes felt like we were ships passing in the night, each with a full bowl in hand headed to different bathrooms to empty, rinse and return.
One saucepan could not have handled that sickness.
And yes, I tidied the closet before I took this picture.
I sure wish it still looked that way.

No comments:
Post a Comment