Since I started blogging, I haven't written in my kids journals. I am OK with this because blogging is so much more fun and I can put pictures with the stories. But, the one thing I miss is writing down the little things, the day to day occurrences and the funny things that don't necessarily have a picture to go with it. I have nowhere to document those and so I will attempt to start my thoughts on a Sunday like my wonderful sister Sarah. In time, I hope to come up with my own original name for it, but until then, here are my thoughts on a Sunday:
*Tyler went to his first Stake dance last night. He really didn't want to go and has had no interest in dances whatsoever. But, he has good friends and they forced him to go. He almost backed out when he found out it was church dress, but after reluctantly putting on his shirt and tie he shuffled out the door. He came home at about 11 and I think I detected a little spring in his step. He actually enjoyed himself. And after claiming he wasn't going to slow dance at all, he ended up dancing every single slow dance. I am proud of him and so very thankful for his friends who didn't give up on him.
*Kara went to a missionary farewell today for one of her friends. Is she really that old? I so remember the days of going all over the stake to my friends farewells. Those were good times.
*I made my second attempt to potty train Ashlyn this week. It didn't go well. When your daughter holds her pee for 12 hours one day and 18 hours the next you just have to give up. It was either that or have her bladder explode. I chose to give up. She had actually become kind of depressed and lethargic during the process. Today, being back in a diaper, she is happy as a clam, laughing and chatting and running around the house without a care in the world. I put the singing potty chair back up in the closet....again. I don't know when we'll see him again.
*Ethan has scored 3 goals so far this season. He is thrilled. He keeps telling everyone he has scored 3 goals in his whole life! He loves soccer and is enjoying his team, the Lemonheads, very much.
* I have been so busy this week that I haven't had much time to talk to my sisters. I miss them.
*It's caselot time and so my food storage room is overflowing with boxes of cereal and canned goods that need to be put away. I still wish we didn't have to eat, so that I didn't have to go through my food storage and actually rotate it. But we do eat, we eat a lot, so I am grateful for these caselot sales that help keep my pantry stocked.
*Trevor and I went on a date last night. It was the first one in a long time. We needed it. We went out with some friends. We ate and talked and laughed a lot. Just like I am thankful my kids have good friends, I am thankful we have good friends. They uplift and inspire me. I wish we could do it more.
Until next week!
September 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
ahhh! tyler at a stake dance. . .slow dancing?! when did he get old enough to do that? i can't believe it. way to go ty!
Post a Comment