Finally the day arrived for Ethan to start school. It had been a long week waiting for this momentous event in this little boys life. He was so excited to be going to the school his brothers and sisters went to. He was so excited to finally be a Lion. He was so excited to walk home with the big kids. He was just plain excited! As we were walking outside to take the traditional first day of school picture he said to me, "Mom, you know how all the kids hold up fingers to show what they are in school? Well, what do you hold up for kindergarten?" I didn't have an answer for him. So he came up with the closed fist to signify you are in kindergarten. I like it! Doesn't it scream
I AM STARTING KINDERGARTEN!
I think so too.
I think I am done. Done buying underwear and socks and new school shoes. Done buying notebooks, calculators, pencil sharpeners, index cards, dry erase markers and college ruled paper. Done buying Kleenex and Clorox wipes to donate to each classroom. We are ready and stocked and are now trying to settle into the routine that will shape our lives for the next 9 months, early mornings, late afternoon snacks and homework and early bedtimes (in my dreams)! It's going to be a great year. I can feel it.
She needs it.
I need it.
Yep, it's going to be a great year!
Yep, it's going to be a great year!

1 comment:
potty train that woman already! you now have time.
Post a Comment