Summer-Here We Come!
May 25, 2010
Tradition Tuesday-Last day of school sno-cone party
About 10 years ago I had a little sno-cone party for the 5 kids that were in our carpool on the last day of school. Since then it has snow-balled (literally) into a full blown tradition.
Every year on the last day of school we host the annual neighborhood sno-cone party. It is a fun party that everyone looks forward to. The whole neighborhood is invited (even if they aren't in school yet) and we have a great time.
We have a few sno-cone machines going and a whole lot of flavors to choose from. The kids usually eat 2-3 sno-cones each. All of the kids play and all of the moms visit and talk about our summer plans.
We made a CD of fun summer songs that we blast during the party and I also make the kids yell "NO MORE SCHOOL!" before I will hand them their sno-cone.
It's a great way to start off the summer with neighbors and friends and a little sugary syrup. It's our tradition to kick off the summer and celebrate the season. I'm looking forward to working that sno-cone magic again this Friday with a bunch of very excited kids.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I like this tradition and somehow I didn't even know about it. I keep seeing those sno-cone makers at all the stores and I really think I need one.
Wow, you guys are already out of school. We are in until the 16th of June (who thought of that?). What a fun tradition!! Have fun this Friday...
Post a Comment