May 4, 2010
Tradition Tuesday-For the Strenth of Youth
I love this book. It has answered many a question in this family. I love that it is well worn and the pages are all dogeared. It is this way because it has become a tradition in our family. A good and wise friend of mine told me once that her family reads it every week in family home evening. I loved the idea. And so this little gem of a book now sits in the basket with our scriptures and is read and discussed each week at Family Home Evening.
We have found that it is not just for the strength of youth, but also for the strength of parents and little children as well. It is well written and the counsel is clear and straightforward. Since we started this tradition we have read it over and over many times. It seems like each time we read it we learn something new. It seems like each time we read it we find new things to be working on. We just recently read the section on family and since we have had some bickering going on we emphasized the line "Strengthen your relationships with your brothers and sisters. They can become your closest friends." I love this tradition and my hope is that if my kids hear this counsel over and over and over again, it just might stick!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
That is an awesome idea. Each time I read it I'm amazed again how great the counsel is. . .totally something that should be regularly read. Good idea! I'm going to find a copy and put it in our scripture basket too (the basket that YOU gave us and we use all the time! We have now added some scriptures for Kurt and some for Joel.)
Post a Comment