May 28, 2010

My Favorite Things-closet organziers

My kids closets can get so messy and cluttered-and I hate clutter! At an enrichment meeting someone mentioned these shoe holders to help with organization. I immediately thought of my boys room with their millions of bionicles and Lego creations. My problem was solved. I bought these organizers at Wal-mart for about $6-8. I bought one for every one of my kids rooms. I do not use the fasteners that come with them though because they will ruin the top of the closet. So I buy those hooks that you put on with the sticky strip that you can pull off when you want without tearing off the paint (I can't remember what they are called, but they come in a pack) I just measure those hooks up with the holes on the shoe organizer and up they go!
My boys actually have three of these hanging up in their rooms, one inside each closet door. They are filled with bionicles and Lego sets that they don't want to take apart. I love them for getting these toys off of the floor and dressers, and I also love that when I shut the closet the room can look pretty tidy (most of the time!)
In my girls room it just holds all of the little treasures that my girls collect. They hold microphones, pads of paper, barbies, costume jewelry, books, little notes, trinkets and all kinds of other stuff that doesn't really have a place, but thanks to these organizers now they do! They could also be used in the bathroom for headbands, flowers, bows etc and I have also seen them used inside a pantry door for gravy packets, small food items, pasta etc. These have been a lifesaver to me in my quest for a more clutter free home and are definitely some of my favorite things!

No comments: