May 16, 2010

How SWEET it is!

When did this happen? When did this beautiful brown eyed baby.....
... grow up into an even more beautiful brown eyed 16 year old?

Sixteen words that describe Kara as she turns the oh so sweet 16:
Confident, Mature, Talented, Creative, Artistic, Beautiful, Modest, Happy, Outgoing, Talkative, Nurturing, Night Owl, Smart, Charming, Flirty, Ready to be 16!


I don't know if we (mom and dad) are ready for the boys with flowers and cards and 3 dates already lined up for this week.
("Mom, I didn't even know you could go on a date on a weeknight!")



(And we are definitely not ready for this!)
The last 16 years have been delightful and have gone by too fast. It has been an honor to have this wonderful young lady as our daughter. She constantly amazes me with her talents and choices. I can't wait to see what this year holds!
Watch out World--Here She Comes!
Happy Golden Birthday Kara. We love you so much!





3 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my- so much to say! First, I can't believe I didn't buy Ellery a dress to match her crib bedding! Second, I love what Kara has done with that plaid skirt and the belt. I think those boys are very cute and oh my gosh Lisa, your wedding dress made me burst out laughing. Mermaid is in, but I don't know about poofy shoulders. Cute post and a very cute girl!

Mark and Jana said...

I think Sarah said it all! A beautiful post for a beautiful girl. She is one amazing 16 year old.

I was hoping to see the pics of her party though.

Scott and Traci said...

I have been waiting for this post! I already heard rumor of the 3 dates. Smart, smart boys (and they are cute too). We love you Kara, Happy Birthday!! I also would love report and pictures of the party etc etc ...we can't get enough of a perfect sweet sixteen!!