October 28, 2012

he's 14


Fourteen.

My cute boy turned fourteen. 


Fourteen.
If he could, I think he would request and successfully eat salmon and shrimp and rolls fourteen times in a week. (That would be every lunch and every dinner!)

Fourteen.
This teenager is very loved.  So loved in fact, that a special visitor stopped by, took a break from college,  just to celebrate with us and her favorite "Fourteen" year old brother.
  He was thrilled.

Fourteen.
Close to the number of times he has a practice or a game or a reffing assignment or is just outside playing some sort of sport with his friends during any given week.

Fourteen.
How in the world can I find fourteen things to get for this boy for his birthday.  He is hard to shop for, but grateful for anything he gets, even strawberry and chocolate milk.  (which, by the way, was recalled the very next week!  Really!?!  Recalled powdered milk mix?)

Fourteen.
The number of hours he spends reading each week.  He loves books, can't get enough, always looking for the next adventure.  I love that about him.

Fourteen.
The number of times he comes into our room between the hour of 10 and 11 pm to tell us something or to ask us something or because something is bothering him or because he just wants to talk. 
Fourteen.
The number of times we tell him we love him and he needs to go to bed.
Fourteen.
Fourteen very full years of joy, of boy stuff, of wonder, of laughter, of true love for the very best fourteen year old around, and I really mean that!
Happy Birthday Brandon.
I love you fourteen times infinity.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Our special guest is now a man. He's still cute.