A couple of days before Christmas there was a knock on our door. I could see through the window that it was someone I had never seen before. Tyler answered the door. I heard some talking, I heard some laughing and apparently a gift was given.
The next thing I know Tyler comes in to the family room and shows me a pair of brand new Vans. He casually says a kid just gave them to him. I not so casually asked, "umm what?"
After a little bit of digging (Tyler is not much of a talker) I got bits and pieces of the story. I don't know all of the details, all I know is that Tyler noticed that this kid walked around school alone. Tyler didn't like that.
Tyler decided to do something about it.
Tyler made it a point to become this kid's friend.
Tyler talked to this kid every day in seminary.
Tyler asked him about all sorts of things including his shoes (he said he had a new pair of cool shoes on almost every day).
Tyler cared.
And now Tyler is walking around in a new pair of shoes.
Given to him by a boy who was grateful.
Given to him by his new friend.
Tyler decided to do something about it.
Tyler made it a point to become this kid's friend.
Tyler talked to this kid every day in seminary.
Tyler asked him about all sorts of things including his shoes (he said he had a new pair of cool shoes on almost every day).
Tyler cared.
And now Tyler is walking around in a new pair of shoes.
Given to him by a boy who was grateful.
Given to him by his new friend.
Tyler makes me proud to be his mom.
And even if I don't know the whole story, I know enough.
And even if I don't know the whole story, I know enough.

1 comment:
I'm glad you wrote down this story because I think it is really sweet and really funny how boys interact with each other.
Post a Comment