The day had finally arrived.
Her first day of Preschool.
And she was ready.
Or at least she pretended like she was ready.
Look at that smile.
She even struck her pose.
A sure sign that this was a good thing.
Again, that smile.
That smile disappeared, tears filled her eyes and her hand reached out in desperation as I tried to leave. She clung to me. Maybe my baby wasn't ready for school.
But I was.
This would be the first time in 17 years that I would have time to myself, and I was not going to give up without a fight.
It took some coaxing, some switching of tables and lots of hugs and promises that I would be back soon. And slowly that smile returned.
She loved it all and couldn't wait to go back.
And someone else is all smiles with some down time....finally!
My baby's first day of school.
It was sentimental for me.
Really it was.
But I did do a little happy dance when I got home.
Just a little one.

1 comment:
You should have read her Llama Llama Misses Mama- then she would have been better prepared.
Post a Comment