September 7, 2011

Gone Fishing

See that boy.

The cute skinny one by the campfire.

That is my new scout.

And this was his very first camp out.



The purpose of this camp out was to..... well, camp, but also to learn how to fly fish.


And that's just what this new scout did.
He listened
He learned.
He fished.




My new scout is a very little fish, in a very big pond right now.
He didn't talk much on this camp out I am told.
But then again, he never really does.
And I think you are supposed to be quiet when you fly fish.
I think.




You will not see my new scout in this picture. This is where they cooked those fish that they fly caught. I know Bryson wouldn't be anywhere near cooking fish. And I know he definitely didn't eat any. He was probably huddled in the corner eating twigs and berries, anything other than eating stinky fish.

Despite the eating of the fish, this new scout loved his first camp out. He was with his dad, he was with his brother. He was in the wilderness, just as a new scout should be.
Happy Camping Brycie!


No comments: