* I bought $400 worth of bathing suits this week from Costco. I just so happened to be at Costco on the first day of their bathing suit display. You know that one that is only there for 1 week. They are very cute and modest bathing suits for a pretty decent price. They are there every year and I have learned a few things. Last year when we bought one for Kara, she took it home, tried it on and needed a different size bottom. By the next morning when I went to exchange it, they were all sold out of the size we needed and they weren't getting any more. So, this year when I walked by I grabbed every one that I might possible like. My total was $396! I went home tried them all on and picked a winner. The rest are still sitting on a chair in my room to be returned. I should return them soon, I mean, I could probably use that $350 dollars. But Trevor is so happy that I finally bought a bathing suit (he has been begging me to get a new one for years) that he didn't even flinch when I told him how much I spent. Anything to get me in a suit I guess. You might say it isn't my favorite thing in the world.
*Tyler pulled off a 4.0 again this term. The kid really amazes me. I hardly see him doing homework. And he doesn't really stress about it. He never asks me for help with projects or reports or anything. A lot of it is because he is a smart kid. But also, he remembers what he reads AND he really listens in class. Sometimes I think kids goof off or talk or just don't pay attention in class and they miss a lot of valuable information. He listens and really pays attention and it pays off. I am proud of him and am really grateful actually that I don't have to help him much, one less thing to worry about. Thanks Tyler.
*Okay, Hobby Lobby is now open right down the street. I am in heaven. I love that store. I still haven't had time to slowly browse each and every aisle. But that is my goal and one day when I have an extra 2 hours or so, I am so going to do it. One of my favorite things about it is the sign on the door that says "closed on Sundays so our employees can be with their families and worship." Yea. And my neighbor told me that their background music is hymns. I hadn't noticed, but next time I go in I am going to totally listen and be spiritually fed while I spend all of my husbands money on home decor!
*Last week was full (what else is new) We had 5 practices, 3 games, 1 surprise birthday party, one non-surprise birthday party, scouts, temple trip, ortho appointments, piano lessons, library time, Presidency meetings, dinner dates, doctors appointments and a million other errands. It must be Spring. I don't know if I am ready.
*Because I have been so busy my blogging is suffering. I still just haven't figured out when is the best time for me to do it. I am so very behind on some really big events such as my Tyler's eagle project and eagle court, Kara's Junior Prom, my trip to Oregon, our trip to Puerta Vallarta (which seems like a million years ago), Ashlyn's birthday, and our family motto which should have been done way back in January. I need to find a good time. A time when it is quiet and I can think. In our home right now that doesn't really exist unless I get up at like 6 in the morning. And that's not going to happen, so all I can do is just try my best. And maybe, just maybe I will get to that New Years family motto by May. Maybe.
*Speaking of blogging. I really wish I knew how to take good pictures. I just don't. I look at other blogs and their photos are so creative and great and I wish mine were like that. But they're not. Photography is not one of my talents. Maybe I will take a class. Ya, right!
*Ethan said to me the other day, "Mom, next week is going to be the best week of my life!" I asked him why, to which he replied, "because I have my first soccer game, I get to go to California for spring break AND I get to go to the dentist!" Wow! We must have one good dentist if he ranks right up there with soccer and vacations. It's amazing what a little bag with stickers and sticky hands will do for a 6 year old!
*Yesterday, it was a beautiful spring day. So much so, that we had the front door wide open for a while. It let the fresh air in and it also let in 2 birds. The kids were crazy excited scared whatever. Trevor was using brooms, nets, buckets, anything. Nothing really worked. We finally just had to wait until it got dark, turn off all the lights and open the door and one of them finally flew out the door towards the porch light. The other one was in the girls room. They were frantic. The poor little bird was exhausted, after all the broom dodging and finally just sat there on the floor. Trevor put a trashcan over it, slide a book underneath and delivered it gently and safely outside. And all is now well and quiet in our home again, OK it's not quiet, but at least there are not 2 birds flying around banging against the windows!
*Last week I went to the General Auxillary training meeting up at the Tablernacle with the Primary General Presidency. It was amazing. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. I left uplifted, edified and a better person. The church is true and I feel blessed to be a member of it.
Until next week.

4 comments:
Hi Lisa!
It's cousin Katie. My mom showed me your blog a few weeks ago and I absolutely love it! You and your family are so amazing! :)
Hobby Lobby is also amazing! I have SUCH a hard time not buying everything in that store! I don't know if you sew at all but, McAll's patterns are 99 cents there through the 9th but they are going fast!
I know what animal story I'm telling my kids tonight!
um....so are you going to start sewing,superwoman????
Hi Lisa,
I love your sweet blog! It is so fun to keep up with you guys! We have Hobby Lobby here in Chattanooga--I didn't know they were in Utah too. I really like that store too! Are you going to BYU Women's conference this year? I have already booked my flight! yay I am so excited! Hopefully I will see you there! xo
Post a Comment