It feels like I have been a room mom a million times.
I really don't mind it, because basically I just do the same thing over and over again. Like this box for teacher appreciation week. I think I have used this idea and poem at least 5 times. (I must give credit to Krista, the poet.) It always seems to be a hit. The kids love seeing their teacher "lift" the box each day. The teacher receives a gift every day of the week. And the excitement in my "secret helpers" eyes as I send him/her off each day with the present to carefully sneak under the box without the teacher seeing is priceless.
Some years I have sent home notes to the parents telling them my plan and I will get donations and then I just hit Walmart and buy all of the gifts at once, and then send them with my child each day. This year the teacher said all she wanted was treats for her treasure box, so I just bought different cheap toys and snacks to put under the box. The box in the picture above was for a teacher who was also having a baby (hence the baby wrapping paper). So that year I gave her all baby related items. This year the box was a little smaller and wrapped in bright polka dot paper, perfect for a kindergarten teacher.
And I'm sure this box will be used again the next time around.
Because there always seems to be a next time for this old room mom.

No comments:
Post a Comment