April 24, 2011

Easter SUNDAY

This is the day we really celebrate.


There are no eggs, there is no bunny, there is no candy.


This year, the kid's gifts from mom and dad to help them think about Jesus were church-music CD's and small pictures of Christ praying (to put by their beds to help remind them to pray always). The music idea came to me as I was reading the new church handbook in preparation for a Stake meeting earlier in the week. There is a whole section on music in the home. It states in the handbook how hymns should be a part of every home. How they should be used in worship, while working, while traveling and as lullabies. We have church music, but we needed some updates and some more hymns. (By the way, it also states in the church handbook that parents are strongly encouraged to have their children take music lessons so that they can use their talents to serve in the church! I had no idea, but you bet I read it to my kids. And I will read it every time they complain about practicing the piano!)


After Stake Conference we listened to our new music as we headed down to the cemetery to continue our Easter celebration.



Trevor talked about the true meaning of Easter, about the atonement and we read the Living Christ.



He bore his testimony about the resurrection and the knowledge he had that he would see is dad again, and that our children would someday meet their grandpa.



I think they have testimonies of that too.



We have great kids. We have the true church.

We have a Savior.



And because of that we had a great Easter.












2 comments:

Sarah said...

all i can see is kara's brown hair in these pictures. she definitely sticks out next to all the blonde-y browns...or are they brown-y blondes? a question we will never know for our children. anyway, she's gorgeous, with that head of brown hair!

K. C. said...

That's awesome, Lisa! You make good traditions for your family. I like the idea of separating the bunny Easter with the Jesus Easter. :)