April 17, 2012

grass house

A neighbor dumped some left over sod into the back corner of the empty lot on our street one day.

My kids had it sniffed out in about 5 minutes.

They put their little heads together and made a plan.
They recruited some cheap labor.
And a new adventure began.

They were going to make a fort.
 (Does this sound familiar?)

 

They heaved and tugged.


They stacked and laid.


They were serious about this fort.
Serious enough that it took them a couple of hours to complete this masterpiece.


They had grand plans to water it each day. 
 To have picnics on it. 

To even mow it if necessary.

But none of that ever happened.
I think some big kids messed it up the next day and the fort was abandoned, forgotten, left to dry out in the sun.


But, it won't take long for them to find another treasure in that good ole empty lot to create with, I'm sure.

And they better get going because I  heard that the lot has finally sold.

I don't have the heart to tell them just yet.
Maybe tomorrow.

No comments: