April 30, 2012

april random




It's great fun to have 2 neighborhood teenage boys who, with their own money, bought creepy camouflage, head-to-toe Gilly suits.   Every once in a while they come sneaking down the street, hiding in people's yards and scaring unsuspecting children.  We were the lucky ones this month.  Never a dull moment around these parts.


Alyssa watches everything her older siblings do.  She noticed all their scripture charts and tracking systems and went and made herself one (It's on the wall behind her, along with the Articles of Faith poster of which she has almost memorized already).  She also made one for Ash. 
Gosh, I love this girl.


I love her so much that I reluctantly agreed to go on the ever-anticipated 3rd grade ice-skating field trip.  I was told I would not have to skate.  I was told wrong. It was a modern-day miracle on ice, comparable to the 1980 Olympic hockey team,  that I got this old body out on the rink.  And I didn't even fall, not once.  My ankles were sore for a week.
 

Bug catching season is here! 
 Hours of fun with those little dollar store bug catchers and death trap tweezers. 
 Poor bugs never stood a chance.


This month we enjoyed some Sunday afternoon reading time.  We had a thing where every Sunday night after dinner we gathered some library books and read them on the porch. 
 It was too nice to stay inside.
Look at that blue sky and green grass.
There is nothing like the Spring in Utah.

Skyping!
We skype cousins in Oregon.
We skype cousins in Hawaii.
We even skype cousins in Orem, even though we see them all the time.

This time we were skyping cousins in Norway, which can be very tricky with the time difference.
They were going to bed, we had just gotten up, but everyone was happy.
Isn't technology wonderful?


And that's a wrap for April.....finally!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

what is a gilly suit?!?! whatever it is, i'm a big fan!