
It is December 1st and we are excited around here.
We are ready for some holiday magic.
The first thing we do on December 1st is open the little window on our chocolate charts marked #1. There really is no better way to start the next 24 days than with a little chocolate. Sends everyone out the door in a good mood.
That's kinda what chocolate does.

We also get out our Christmas decorations. This brings back such fond memories for me. I can still remember standing at the bottom of the ladder as my dad came down from the attic carrying box after box of dusty Christmas decor. It was so very exciting to lift those lids and find our cherished Christmas treasures. We too have collected some pretty great Christmas treasures over the years and although we don't have a dusty attic we do have a dusty garage and that works just fine for us.

My little girls were so excited to help. The boys didn't really care, so they were off doing other things, but not my girlies. They carefully unpacked each item, oohed and ahhed over it all and then took great care to put everything in it's proper place.

I am grateful they love the magic of Christmas decorating just like I did when I was a little girl.
It was so much more fun doing it with them by my side.

My boys did emerge from the cracks and crevices when it was time to set up the train.
And now our home is ready.
Let the magic begin!
1 comment:
Hmm0--I think I need some little girls who are interested in helping decorate and bake for the Holidays! Your house looks very festive!!
Post a Comment