May 13, 2011

El libro

My daughter just finished reading the entire Book of Mormon. She has read it before, but never like this. This is how I would often find her after school.


She would sometimes read for 1-2 hours a day. I had to remind her she had homework, chores and responsibilities other than reading her scriptures. She reminded me that there was nothing more important than what she was doing. I sometimes had to threaten her with punishment because she was reading her scriptures too much. (Never thought I would have that parenting problem!) She read. She highlighted. She cross referenced. She discussed for hours her thoughts and insights with her friend Silas, who was also reading the Book of Mormon ....


.....in SPANISH!
Yes, she read the whole El Libro de Mormon in Spanish. It was a great accomplishment for her and a very spiritual experience.
I am proud of her.
I am in awe of her.
I can't wait to see what she does next.

3 comments:

krista bott said...

Mui bien, Kara. Tu eres muy inteligente y solomente diesysiete! Estoy muy ovgullosa de ti!!!!

Okay now to Ethan and the lunch lady. Loved it! They don't do lucky tray day in Utah. Why is that?

Scott said...

Nice work Kara!!

TravisandLori said...

Very cool, Kara!